Donate Pop-up

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form

Make A Secure Donation today!

Apply For Home Renovation

Download Application

We are now accepting applications for the 2021 San Marcos River Work Camp program. If you have questions about the application process, call and speak with the Administrative Assistant at (512) 392-6694 extension 0. If you meet the following guidelines, download the attached application and bring it to Southside Community Center with the necessary documents. If your home is in the flood plain and you have received any federal money to rebuild your home, you must have kept flood insurance on your home through the life of your home. This project follows the same principle, if you are selected you must maintain flood insurance through the life of your home.

  • Applicants cannot have received help from any CDBG rehab program in the past 5 years
  • The home can NOT be a mobile home, rental property, or have renters that pay rent living in it
  • The home cannot have damage to the foundation
  • Homes located in a flood plain must have flood insurance
  • Homeowners must be "low or very low income" as determined by HUD

Reasons why a home or homeowner may be denied for the program include:

  • The total household yearly income exceeds program guidelines
  • Applicant is not the owner of the house
  • Applicant is not currently living in the house
  • House has received CDBG rehab program funding in past years
  • The project cannot be finished within the summer program timeline (or shortly thereafter)
  • Applicant is unable to voluntarily relocate while work is in progress if the work requires relocation

The following documents must be included with the application (if applicable):

  • Completed application, including release of liability
  • Copy of social security card and photo i.e. (driver’s license, etc.) for each person living in the house
  • Most recent property tax receipt
  • Most recent tax return(s) for all adults living in the home
  • Proof of residency in the home (current utility bill, for example)
  • Proof of ownership (title to the house)
  • Power of Attorney if signed by someone other than the applicant/property owner
  • Last 6 savings account statements
  • Last 6 checking account statements
  • Last 4 check stubs
  • Income tax return (Most Recent)
  • Retirement pension letter (Most Recent)
  • Social security award letter (current)